Prayer and Party Open Synod Evening
- developing our work with children and young people
- engaging with people in new housing developments
- offering new ways for communities to experience church
- developing our work with elderly people and vulnerable adults
- deepening our life with God
Prayers were followed by a time of socialising and getting to know one another over drinks and snacks. The evening was well received and a similar evening may be planned annually going forward.
At a previous Deanery Synod at St Laurence's Appleton, we were led in creative prayers by Rev Katie Windle, Chaplain to St Helens and St Katharine's School, Abingdon.
In the prayers, we were asked to consider Jesus' upside down understanding of greatness. She then asked us the question:
'What would success look like for us as a group of churches?’
We were asked to write down a word in response to this question on a piece of paper in the shape of a leaf and put it on a tree at the front.
The picture below is of all the words that people wrote down on the leaves.....