Events In and Around the Deanery
Below are different events happening in and around our Deanery, which we encourage you to attend.
Please contact Karen Landon (Deanery Secretary) if you wish to add an event to this page.
Christians in Science Conference, 21st October 2017, Oxford
The Penultimate Curiosity: How science swims in the slipstream of ultimate questions.
Saturday 21st October 2017 at the King's Centre, Oxford, OX2 0ES
Christians in Science (CiS) is a UK based charity and open to all those with an interest in science and Christian faith. CiS is a member of the Evangelical Alliance and has close links with UCCF. If you would like any more details about CiS or the conference, these can be found on our website – www.cis.org.uk
- The Penultimate Curiosity - Prof Andrew Briggs - Internationally renowned speaker and Professor of Nanomaterials at Oxford University, Andrew is the introductory speaker.
- Curiosity in the Early Christian Era - Dr Pablo de Felipe - Pablo is a lecturer in science and faith at the SEUT School of Theology, an Evangelical institution in Madrid.
- Attitudes toward Curiosity in the Early Modern Era – Dr Pete Jordan - Grants and themes advisor to the Templeton World Charity Foundation, Pete is also a research coordinator at the University of Oxford.
- A Curious Cosmos - Dr Jennifer Wiseman - An accomplished NASA astrophysicist, author, and international speaker, Jennifer studies star forming regions of our galaxy using radio, optical, and infrared telescopes.
- Closing Reflection - Roger Wagner - British author and religious painter, Roger painted the first portrait of the current Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby.
- and featuring the Oliver Barclay Lecture winner 2017 Dr Jonathan Foster – Reigniting the chemistry between Science and Faith. Jona holds a Ramsay Fellowship and a Vice Chancellors Fellowship in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Sheffield.
Conference Poster can be downloaded here.
Currently we have an early bird registration fee for a non CiS member of £40 to encourage as many as possible to attend. If anyone prefers to join CiS for £36 membership fee, they can attend a one-day conference free of charge in their first year of membership. There are also discounts available for students. It is simple to register via Eventbrite.
For further information, please contact:
Mary Browett, Executive Officer, Christians in Science
Phone: 07523 203 643
Doing Good: The Theology and Psychology of Moral Behaviour - 3rd November 2017, St. Andrew's Church, East Hagbourne
Speaker: Revd. Jennifer Brown, Science Missioner. For further details, please see flyer.